Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stair Step Card


The time is drawing near to address the Graduation Invitations and pop them in the mail. As I thought how I was going to add the pictures to the invites I came across a great idea from out there on the internet....a stair step card. I thought this would be an excellent way to make the picture more memorable, a little gift of sorts. Since the card is a stand it makes a nice display to enjoy the picture and it isn't attached to the actual invitation. I know you are wondering about them colors....they are Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White, and Pumpkin Pie....I know what a color combination, but those are our school colors, they do look nice together, and hopefully everyone won't comment on the "Halloween" colors LOL! The cardstock for the card base are 4-1/4" X 10-1/2" you will score along the 10-1/2" side @ 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 4-1/4", 6", & 8-1/4". Taking the short score (1-1/4") you will fold down then back and forth on each score like a paper fan. Choose your theme, stamp and embellish. I used the Sizzix Top Note Die for my picture backroung, I love the look this gave to my picture card, enjoy. Happy Stamping.....

No comments: